Monday, June 14, 2010

Solid Weekend


The weekend capped off a solid week of training and marked the start of my comeback. On Friday night after the Orioles game (around 10PM) I decided to hop in a 10K the next morning just to get a tempo in before it got hot. It turned out to be an expensive workout ($45 entry but at least it went to a good cause) but a good move nonetheless. I ran 32:49 and felt pretty good the whole way despite a stomach full of ballpark food and the sun baking me in the last couple of miles. Got in 10 for the day and watched Joe W. continue to run strong and Scott K. hitting his goal time as well.
Sunday’s run was at Greenbelt Park at 8AM. We had a nice crew of GRC runners going 13-18 miles. It was already hot and humid in the woods which prevented really hammering the run but I was happy to grind it out, get in 18miles, and finish a good week. Usually at Greenbelt we run three 6-mi loops and I enjoy progressive getting faster as we go. Today was more about pushing through than pushing faster mainly because the version of me that hammers at Greenbelt is in a coma right now. This was a good start in waking me up though. 77.5 miles for the week for two decent workouts. I’ll take it!
I’m looking forward to making further progress towards my goals. I need to start adding in my strength training back into the routine and losing a few pounds.

1 comment:

KLIM said...

Wow, 1/2 mile more than me. That's weird.