Monday, June 7, 2010

Introduction

I moved to Maryland with my wife Emily last July after 8 years in NYC. I grew up outside of Philadelphia in Doylestown, PA where I made the not untypical switch from playing soccer to distance running. My incredible family was always extemely supportive with my athletics and they are a big reason I am who I am today. I was also fortunate enough to have a great coach (Paul Wilson) and a good team at CB East High School. I continued running in college while I studied economics at Columbia University. I again received great coaching and had the best teammates anyone could imagine. My senior year our cross team won the first Ivy championship in 25 years. Roar Lions Roar! I continued running in NYC for the Manhattan Track Club where I was fortunate enough to qualify for and run in the US Olympic Marathon Trials.

Emily and I made the decision to move to Maryland where I could study Marketing at the Robert H. Smith of Business. It's been great to be here near her family especially considering we are expecting our first child, a girl, at the end of September. We are both members of the Georgetown Running Company Racing Team. Lately I've been struggling a bit with allergies and injuries but I'm ready to make a big push this summer and attempt to get into great shape and re-qualify for the Olympic Trials. This team is great and they will be the key to my comeback. I was able to get into good shape this winter but had a micro-tear in my achilles before I did any racing. That stinks but it is all part of being a runner. Plus, just getting in shape let's me know that I can train well in this area and during school. I am ready to train like an animal and run well this summer and fall. I have a long way to go but I'm ready for the journey.

No comments: