Monday, June 7, 2010

June 7th

Ran 12+ miles today on new shoes at Difficult Run after work. The new Brooks Ghost shoes felt great and the weather wasn't as hot and humid as last week. I actually felt really tired and hungry about 25mins in but was able to stop at my car and have 3/4 of a Cliff bar and some water. I was a new man after that and I rolled the last hour. It was the first time in a while where I finished the run feeling good. I am aiming at 70 miles this week after a terrible few weeks of running. I also saw a doctor this morning and got some treatment for my allergies and asthma that have been destroying me lately. Here's to a new season, a great summer of training, and some new PRs coming this fall.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Ugh! I knew this year was one of the worst ever for allergies, but I'm afraid I never thought how tough it would be on you (who suffer from allergies and are always outside running) until I read your blog entry. What did your doctor prescribe? Is it still helping?

Karl D. said...

I have Flonase and Albuterol, but I am also doing a sinus rinse and taking an OTC alergy pill. So far so good. I'm improving but my sinuses still have a long way to go. I'm also taking fish oil and working on my diet as per Bill's advice.