Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 16-17: Momma said there’d be days like these…


Rough start to Wednesday. I woke up feeling generally ill and nauseous. I struggled throughout the work day and almost left. I toughed it out because I’m already taking Friday off and trying to make a good impression. I didn’t have my normal appetite but plain pizza sounded good to me so I grabbed some for lunch. That seemed to do the trick and I started to feel better, leading me to believe the workout was possible. I grabbed a Cliff bar and heading out for the workout at 5:10. Unfortunately, traffic was terrible on 495 (I mean just not moving), making me frustrated and late for the workout. Fortunately, the guys waited for me and I didn’t have to do this one on my own. The plan was to do 3mi-2mi-1mi with a half mile rest, getting faster on each interval. The 3mi went well, going downhill on the CCT and coming through in 15:48. I knew I was in trouble when I stopped though. It was so muggy I could barely breathe and I forgot my inhaler which didn’t help matters. I felt awful on the rest but was trying to prepare myself to turn around and run this uphill 2mi at a faster pace. That did not happen. My legs felt heavy and I labored through the beginning of the interval before completely bombing. Ouch. It was just disgusting out too; it was like running through soup. I had to stop for water during the 2mi and tried to pull myself together. I thought I was done at that point but Jake convinced me to give the 1mi a go. I did but it wasn’t pretty; Bain and I pressed as best we could but it was slower than we would have liked. I was happy with the effort though and happy to have good teammates to help me through days like this. I can’t wait to crush this workout later on in the training and look back on this day and laugh. 11 total miles for the day.

Thursday was another AM run with Klim. We were both tired and shuffled along for 10 miles in RCP. I needed the slow recovery run but I can’t say this one felt good. I am excited to regain fitness soon.

1 comment:

Charlie Ban said...

AAAAAACTUALLY, you felt nauseated. Something that is nauseous makes you nauseated.