Monday, February 28, 2011

HEPS weekend

Got up to NYC this weekend to watch the Columbia Lions take on the rest of the Ivy League at Indoor HEPS.  The meet had some great highlights and I'm really impressed with the state of our team and the league as a whole right now.  I had a great time seeing friends from Columbia and the MTC.  I consider myself very lucky to have had amazing teammates and coaches at every step along the way of my running career.

As far as my training goes, I got in runs of 10 and 13 during the weekend, but not much of a workout.  I loved being back in Central Park but the late nights and busy schedule weren't conducive to hard efforts.  On top of that I seemed to have picked up a nasty cold.  I still got in 78 miles and one good workout during my down week.  The next week should be a good one given I can kick this cold.

No comments: