Saturday, February 19, 2011

By George 10K

Thursday was an easy 14. I felt a bit sluggish probably from wearing new shoes that I heavier than I'm used to. The weather was awesome though and I ran from Alexandria with Mike Smith, Outlaw, and Murph. Friday was another nice day and I did 8 in the AM with Chuck and 6 solo plus some strides in the evening. I kept stretching, icing, and massaging my foot and achilles and I think that's helping.

Saturday was the By George 10K at Hains Point. I ran with the guys and was excited to get out there and race with them again finally. The weather was ridiculously windy (way more than last week even) and we had to weave around some slower runners eliminating the chance of a fast tempo / race. We worked well together, trading off the lead and drafting when possible. I ran 31:57 (and won a cherry pie!) which I was happy with given the conditions. My foot and heel felt good too. All the therapy I've been doing seems to be paying off. We also had fun hanging out and grabbing some food post-race.

Scroll down for 10K (http://www.pvtc.org/20110219.html)

No comments: