Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Running Through a Cold

All day Monday I felt terrible from this cold and tried to take some medicine to get me through the day.  It didn't make me feel any better but it did prevent me from taking a nap.  I decided to drag myself out for a run anyway and ended up feeling really good out there.  I put in 13 but then came home and felt the worse I felt all day.  When I was running was literally the best I felt all day. 

Tuesday I was feeling better but quite congested still.  I put in another 13 plus some strides and felt fine.

Wednesday night was the usual track workout and I was feeling better but nowhere near 100%.  We had a planned for 3200m (74 secs per quarter), 2400 (73s), 1600 (70s), and 800 (68s) with solid rest.  I was feeling nervous about it after warming up and not feeling that well.  Once we got started though I was pretty sure I'd make it through.  I didn't feel great out there but nothing was too difficult and we got through the reps a few seconds fast on everything.  Jerry told us not to take off on the last 800 and I knew that was a good idea given the cold.  It turned out to be another good one with the guys, but we missed having Joe out there since he got the flu on his birthday.  Happy belated birthday Joe, feel better soon!

No comments: