Sunday, February 13, 2011

Good Weekend and Good Week

Em and I did the Cupid’s Chase 5K in Stone Harbor on Saturday. The course was flat and the weather was good except for a hard wind but that’s par for the course for racing at the shore. My goal was to do it as a hard tempo and average 5min miles. I started out hard in order to keep from settling into too comfortable a pace. I ran faster than expected and stayed on sub-15 pace until the wind hit me hard in the third mile and I finished in 15:08. I was pretty happy with that. Also Em won her race in 19:30 5 months after giving birth – awesome! http://aksts.com/results2011/Cupid2011all.htm

Sunday was another 2 hour run. Flat and windy, just like the race. I actually got in some soft surface with some beach and boardwalk miles mixed in with the hard stuff. Solid run – much better running at the beach during the winter when you don’t have to worry about crowds or scorching sun. The run capped off a 93 mile week with 2 moderate workouts.

No comments: