Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ode to My Wife


Monday was a nice 12 followed by some hard strides. It was very windy out again and I think that dried me out a bit and gave me somewhat of a sore throat. Tuesday was an easy 15 with the North Bethesda Distance Project. I'm feeling great except that pain in my right foot has been coming and going. I feel it most when I have to pivot to turn right or when walking around.

Although I'm posting the day after Valentine's Day, in the spirit of the holiday I wanted to thank Emily for making my comeback possible. She is an amazing mother and takes extra baby duty so I can run around trying to get back in shape. She makes my running a priority even though she could focus on her own training if she really wanted to. The girl has talent: she just won a 5K in 19:30 on limited training 5 months after giving birth. I have no doubt she'll get fast again even when she yields to my training. Thanks Emily! You're a great wife and a great mother!

No comments: