Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 28-29: A Step Back

Wednesday night’s workout did not go well. I once again struggled on a hot day and did 3 x 2m repeats in 10:13, 10:19, and 10:40. This was a step back for sure as I thought I was turning a corner. My breathing and overall strength was terrible. I just hope this is a “two steps forward and one step back” situation. One thing is for sure though, if I don’t start improving soon Chicago may not happen for me and I’ll be looking at preparing for Club Nats and then a winter peak race(Houston maybe, half or full). I think this is just a situation of trying to get back in shape at the same time was dealing with hot weather. I really hope it isn’t something further. I really want this and the effort isn’t missing, it is more of a physical thing. I blame myself for not cross training more when I was hurt and coming back slow.

All I could manage Thursday AM was a recovery 6. I still felt wiped out from the previous night. Not fun!

No comments: