Monday, July 12, 2010

July 10-11


Saturday was a cooler, rainy day and we went to the store for a long run with some hard running mixed in. We went 17 in total with 5 miles in the middle done in around 5:30 pace. I didn’t really feel great out there but I liked pushing through and taking advantage of the good weather. I feel it is important to run hard on days when I’m not feeling good, although I’m sure the lower temperatures helped me get through it. The workout was a great one for the team too. Joe and Jake were good as always and Bain and Murph are starting to step it up. I have to say it has been a pleasure running with Bain again. I certainly missed that guy at runs and workouts when he was banged up last season. He is tough and adds a lot to the team runs.

Saturday evening Em and I attended a wedding in Charlottesville and had a great time. It was already hot on Sunday when we woke up so we decided to enjoy the day in town and then stop on the way back to watch the World Cup final. Even match but I was disappointed in the result as I was pulling for Holland. 4 years to wait for the next one! Anyway, this meant I wasn’t running until the evening. I ran 10 miles around Grosvenor and then did some strength training. 59 miles for the down week with a couple days of active rest. I would be shooting for around 90 next week but since I’ll take a couple of lighter days to get ready for the Rockville Twilighter, I’d be happy with over 80 and a good effort on Saturday.

No comments: