Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 19-20

Two solid days to start the week. Monday was a PM run with Joe. I ran a short while on the trolley trail and then met Joe at the spot and proceeded to run a loop around his house and Tilden Woods. I felt pretty good out there despite a few patches where I felt the miles of the previous day. I ran home hard and got 14 in for the day. I also added some strength training at night. Good day except I am having some pain where my hamstring meets my butt (a different driving injury I think). It has been present for a week but has been getting worse. I stretched it out several times. Hopefully that helps.

Tuesday was an AM run with Jordan, Jake, and Scott K. It was nice to have Jake out there again. Hopefully his current injury is on the way out and he stays healthy for a while. I felt up and down on this run. Started out feeling good and then felt like I was zapped 25 mins in. I got a second wind that carried me until about the hour mark and then I felt parched and tired. I was happy to finish up with 12 miles for the morning. The hammy / butt injury was bothering me a lot the last 20 minutes or so. I wanted to ice when I was done but I only had time to stretch because I was running late for work. I will ice when I get home in the evening but will start to treat with ibuprofen if it doesn’t start feeling better.

No comments: