Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 12 - 15


Monday was a solo 15+ mile run at Difficult Run after the storm. I missed my normal Monday running company of Mike Smith (Matt lately too) as he was stranded since the Smith Bro car was being fixed after being side-swiped by a taxi. I went the hilly way and probably ran too hard, attacking parts of the run. It felt good to finish but I was tired for the rest of the night.

Tuesday I ran with Jake in the AM. I did 10 really easy and but it felt really taxing at times. Jake was bothered by a bum groin which sucks because he might be out of the Twilighter and I thought we would be able to run together given we are at similar fitness levels. I hope the Red Fox can right himself soon.

Wednesday was a lighter pre-race workout (5x 1000m, 4x 200m). It was hot and humid starting out and I didn’t feel too good at the beginning of this but loosened up as we went along. It was nice to run in a group of Joe, Dickson, and Charlie Ban. I finished up with a 10.5 mile day after a barefoot cooldown on the grass which felt great. I do hope Saturday isn’t as hot as forecasted though.

Thursday AM I went really light as I sometimes like doing 2 days before a race. I played basketball with my boss and ran a few miles. I’m pretty sure I’ll do an easy double tomorrow.

No comments: