Thursday, March 10, 2011

Good Start to a Big Week

I ran 15 on Monday AM, most of which with Luff and Hanson. Felt good running on the Trolley Trail and around NB.

Tuesday was a double totaling 18 and some hard strides afterward. I just can’t seem to get rid of my sore throat but besides that I’m feeling great. I caught myself running a bit too fast a few times though.

Wednesday AM was a 5 mile shakeout before we hit the track at night. We had 4 by mile scheduled in 4:50, 4:45, 4:40, and 4:35. We were dead on except the last one where I kicked in the last 600m to finish in 4:27 after being taken through 800m in 2:20. The whole workout felt pretty east expect for the wind picked up and knocked the momentum out of me as I was trying to kick it in hard. The forecasted rain held off though which was great.

Ran 16+ miles in the rain. The legs are feeling great. I had a side stitch that was bothering me for the first 30 minutes or so but I guess I picked it up quite a bit after I shook that off because I came back a lot quicker. I honestly have never felt this fresh while running this type of mileage. The sore throat seems to be leaving too.  I am really excited for the spring racing season for myself and the team. I eager to see Little Jerry get things started for us in the 15K this weekend. The guys should have a good one in Baltimore too.

No comments: