Monday, June 24, 2013

NYC

Emily came home to relieve me of watching Lily Wednesday evening so I was able to go out for an "easy" 10.  Nothing's really easy in the summer when you're overweight and out of shape.  I was wiped out but the knee is holding.  Both kids were doing better after getting on the meds (although both may needs tubes in their ears), so I was able to head out to NYC early Thursday as planned.  My weight was 152.0 in the AM.

Thursday was a travel day.  I woke up before 4 AM and traveled for a few hours before checking in at the hotel and heading up to Columbia - the main purpose of this trip was to introduce a recruit to the coaches.  Overall the 4 days in the city were great.  I got to see a lot of Columbia, a lot of MTC, and hang out with my sister as well who was randomly in the city at the same time as me.  A lot of the MTC guys have kids now or are having kids soon, so some things have changed, but we still had a nice crew for our weekend runs.  I got in 10 solo on Friday, and runs of 11 and 12 with the guys.  I also did a ton of walking and one session of strength training.  Friday alone I must have walked close to 8 miles by my calculation.  It was great to run in Central Park again too.  I'm feeling good except for battling a cold and dealing with some aches and pains -the knee was a little sore at times as well as right achilles and ankle (which I turned on Sunday's run).  I'm not the young runner I once was but I worked hard this week with over 60 miles of running.  It was difficult but I definitely feel like I'm making gains for the first time in a while.  

No comments: