Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rough Weekend (5/5 - 5/6)

I felt terrible on run Friday evening and woke up Saturday sore but still decided to run a low-key 5K trying to steal some prize money while working out.  Well a recent college grad who had run 14:16 a couple weeks earlier showed up and took the win after he dropped me shortly after the mile mark.  I struggled to maintain tempo pace and chalked it up to being tired and sore from running a lot and not sleeping much the past couple of days.  I also wanted to take it pretty easy so I could run my real workout of the weekend, a steady 20-mile run the next day.

Well that 20 mile run was awful.  I felt even worse, and instead of running a hard 20, I only ran 14 and was crushed by it.  My weekly mileage was around 85.  Later that night, I realized I was getting sick.  I developed a fever of 101 and had chills and body soreness.  I was in rough shape.  Em got sick too which made things really rough at home - and scary too cause fevers in pregnancy can be dangerous.  I thought we had avoided getting what Lily got, but once again, I caught a virus that Lily brought home and this time it got Em too.

I knew I was going to need to take 1-2 days off, get healthy, and then try to come back strong.  I'd like to run easy Tuesday and do a light workout Wednesday, but I'll play it safe.  In a way I'm actually glad there was a legitimate reason for running so poorly this weekend.

1 comment:

sports fan said...

Hi,

Nice site, very informative. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. We are happy to offer you a 10% discount to our Online Store if you do so. Please email me back and I would be happy to give you our link.

Thanks!

Frank
frank641w@gmail.com